It’s sweet, it’s spicy, and it’s ready to be eaten any way you like it: on a salad, over cauliflower rice, on a 100-calorie flat sandwich bun, in lettuce cups, or straight out of a bowl!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 3 – 4 hours on high or 7 – 8 hours on low
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/4 lbs. raw pheasant breast
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Add honey, sriracha, garlic powder, and onion powder to a slow cooker. Stir until uniform.
- Season pheasant with salt and pepper, and add to the slow cooker.
- Top with onion. Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours, until pheasant is fully cooked.
- Transfer pheasant to a large bowl. Shred with two forks.
- Return shredded pheasant to the slow cooker, and mix well.
MAKES 5 SERVINGS