Hartford man dies of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning

HARTFORD, S.D. (AP) – Minnehaha County sheriff’s officials say a man has died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning at his Hartford home.

Thirty-eight-year-old Dustin Patch was found dead Monday afternoon in his garage. Authorities say Patch had been using a portable generator to run a sump pump in his home following recent power outages.

The sheriff’s office is reminding residents to use portable generators in well-ventilated areas outside the home.

AP-WF-04-17-19 1132GMT

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Heavy snow in Black Hills causing flooding concerns Man wounded after jail disturbance arrested at hospital DeVaney sworn in to South Dakota Supreme Court Large corn pile ignites at Arlington business Prosecutors charge man wounded in deputy-involved shooting Governor Noem requests federal disaster help
Comments